Binance widget integrated into the Brave browser puts cryptocurrency management and trading at users’ fingertips in first exchange-browser integration of its kind
Binance widget integrated into the Brave browser puts
cryptocurrency management and trading at users’ fingertips
in first exchange-browser integration of its kind
San Francisco – March 24, 2020 – Brave Software, makers of the innovative Brave browser which combines privacy with a blockchain-based digital advertising platform, and Binance, the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange by trading volume and users, today announced a partnership that enables Brave browser users to seamlessly trade cryptocurrency assets through Binance.
The new Binance widget in the new tab page of the Brave desktop browser makes Brave the only browser that offers integrated functionality for buying and trading cryptocurrency. With the Binance widget, Brave users can access the Binance.com and Binance.US (for US-based users) sites, buy and sell crypto assets, view asset balances, and obtain deposit addresses all without leaving the browser.
The Binance widget will give Brave users various options to manage cryptocurrencies, including buying, depositing, trading, and viewing summaries. Users will be able to trade cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, and many others supported by Binance.
Additionally, the Binance widget is built into Brave and is not a loaded iframe (remotely embedded document), which preserves the user’s privacy. API calls will only be made into Binance if the user authenticates via OAuth and interacts with the widget.
“Cryptocurrency trading can be a daunting task for users not familiar with such assets, so integrating Binance into the Brave browser makes the process seamless and simple,” said Brendan Eich, CEO and co-founder of Brave. “By bringing a leading exchange like Binance directly into the browser, Brave is taking cryptocurrency trading mainstream and enabling users to conduct transactions with ease.”
“The Binance widget on Brave’s privacy-oriented browser instills a safer way to buy and sell crypto and also reduces user friction to onboard, trade and interact with the Binance ecosystem,” said Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao (‘CZ’). “We are looking forward to our long-term partnership with Brave to make it even easier to interact with crypto and encourage more utility in the near future.”
An early version of this new feature is available today in Brave’s Nightly desktop version, and will be released for general desktop availability in April. The new tab page Binance widget will be enabled by default, but users can turn it off and hide it directly from the new tab page or by managing their settings if they wish. Availability on mobile platforms will be announced at a later date.
About Brave Software
Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption with 25+ products, projects and initiatives including:
- Binance Exchange (Binance.com): Binance Futures, Spot & Margin trading, Binance Lending and Binance Staking
- Binance Academy: non-profit blockchain and crypto educational portal
- Binance Charity: non-profit organization and first blockchain-powered donation platform dedicated to advancing transparent philanthropy
- Binance DEX: community-driven decentralized exchange developed on top of the Binance Chain blockchain for issuing and exchanging digital assets in a decentralized manner
- Binance Fiat Gateways: buy-and-sell crypto platform, covering 170+ countries and regions through local payments partners and P2P platforms. Fiat-to-Crypto Platforms: joint ventures with global partners to buy, sell and trade crypto: Binance US, Binance Jersey, Binance Singapore, Binance Uganda, Binance Lite Australia
- Binance Labs: venture arm and incubator, investing in and supporting early-stage blockchain startups and infrastructure projects
- Binance Launchpad: exclusive token launch platform for supporting transformative blockchain startups and entrepreneurs
- Binance Research: institutional-grade, data-driven insights and analysis for crypto investors
- Binance X: developer-focused initiative to foster innovation of blockchain developers and cultivate industry growth and meaningful use cases
- Other initiatives include: Binance Cloud (end-to-end enterprise solution for launching exchanges), Binance Info (market news and insights), Trust Wallet (mobile wallet and dApp browser)
For more information, visit: https://www.binance.com