LAST UPDATED April 24, 2019
Read this document to learn how we use data about advertisers. In this policy “we”, “us”, etc. refers to Brave Software Inc.
When you establish an advertiser account with us, we will ask you for the information we need to validate your identity and to bill you for advertising services. This always includes:
- your name, email address, and phone number;
- your business’s name and mailing address;
- the domain name(s) to which your ads will direct people who see them; and
- billing information needed to process payment.
Other information may be required by your advertising account representative in order to process and fulfill your orders. The only information we collect from you is the information you provide us in these communications with your account representative.
We need this information in order to operate the advertising services you’re purchasing from us according to the Brave Rewards: Terms of Service for Advertisers contract. This same information is required in order for us to maintain accurate records and accounts of the services we have provided, in which we have a legitimate interest.
We keep all this info as long as you have an advertiser account with us, and for seven years afterwards. Beyond seven years, we no longer store your personal information, only information about your company.
We may share your Account Information as follows:
- with vendors, consultants and other service providers who act as data processors on behalf of Brave;
- in response to a request for information if we believe the disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process; or
- otherwise, with your consent or at your direction.
We may also share information which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We may use SendGrid or MailChimp to contact you by email. This is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield agreement, which provides safeguards intended to be equivalent to those provided in the EU. Every email we send like this includes an unsubscribe link.
You can contact our data protection officer and the rest of our privacy team at email@example.com. We are represented in Europe by Brave Software Europe Ltd.
You can ask to know what information we have about you, update incorrect information, delete it, object to our use of it, or get a copy of it. If you’re in the European Union, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection authority (though everyone should have this right).
We’ll update this policy whenever we make material changes to our practices, and we’ll announce it to let you know.