Load pages 3x to 6x faster
Watch Brave in action, head-to-head-to-head against Chrome and Firefox. Brave loads pages three times as fast out of the box with nothing to install, learn or manage.
Switching Is Easy
Import and continue where you left off
It’s easy to import your settings from your old browser. You can do it during the welcome tour or later through the menus.
All of your old browser profiles will appear in a list. You can import other browser data through the main menu item called “Import Bookmarks and Settings.”
Give Some Back
Support your favorite sites with Brave Rewards
Browsing the web with Brave is free: with Brave Rewards activated, you can support the content creators you love at the amount that works for you.
Brave can automatically distribute your contributions based on how much time you spend on sites. Or, you can choose to tip sites directly, and even offer a fixed monthly tip amount.
All of this works while keeping your browsing history private. Your funds are made available to site owners through an anonymous ledger system, so you can’t be identified based on the sites you visit and support. Over 10,000 publishers and content creators have registered to receive Brave Rewards.
Remember: these contributions are optional – browsing the web with Brave is free.
Experience unparalleled privacy and security.
Brave fights malware and prevents tracking, keeping your information safe and secure. It’s our top priority.
We’re not in the personal data business.
Our servers neither see nor store your browsing data – it stays private, on your devices, until you delete it. Which means we won’t ever sell your data to third parties.
Customize your shield settings
Choose your settings on a per-site or browser-wide basis. See how many ads and trackers are being blocked by Brave every day on the New Tab Page.
Security meets simplicity
If you’re willing to research, download, and install multiple extensions, and carefully configure and correctly maintain settings in both the browser and extensions, you can match some of Brave’s privacy and security.
Brave does all that work for you. Simple, right?
Whenever possible using the HTTPS Everywhere list, Brave automatically upgrades to HTTPS for secure, encrypted communications when an ordinary browser would use an insecure connection.
Defaults that matter
Browse confidently with default settings that block phishing, malware, and malvertising. Also, plugins, which have proven to be a security risk, are disabled by default.
Sync your devices bravely
Brave Sync, currently in beta, can be enabled to encrypt and synchronize your preferred settings and bookmarks. However, Brave does not have the keys to decrypt your data.
Brave Browser Feature List
- Ad blocking
- Fingerprinting prevention*
- Cookie control*
- HTTPS upgrading*
- Block scripts*
- Per-site shield settings
- Configurable global shield defaults
- Clear browsing data
- Built-in password manager
- Form autofill
- Control content access to full-screen presentation*
- Control site access to autoplay media
- Send “Do not track” with browsing requests
- Choose default search engine
- Use keyboard shortcuts for alternate search engines*
- Option to use DuckDuckGo for private window search*
- Make a playlist. Right in your browser
- Save now, watch or listen later
- On a flight, a commute, or a road trip to nowhere
- Any media, any stream
- Learn more about Playlist
- Earn by viewing private ads
- Tip your favorite creators
- Contribute monthly to sites
- Auto-contribute to sites
- Verify with Uphold and move funds in and out of your wallet
- Become a verified creator and start earning BAT from tips, contributions and referrals
Tabs & Windows
- Private Windows
- Pinned Tabs*
- Drag and drop*
- Close Options
- Find on page
- Print page
- Browsing without intermediaries
- Access content directly from the IPFS network
ipfs://URIs natively or via a gateway
- Install a full IPFS node in one click
- Add Bookmark
- Autosuggest URLs
- Search from address bar
- Autosuggest search terms
- Show/hide bookmarks toolbar*
- Show secure or insecure site
Brave Desktop now supports most of the Chrome extensions in the chrome web store
Brave Firewall + VPN
(paid feature, iOS only)
Unlike many browsers that offer VPNs which mask a user’s IP address, Brave’s Firewall + VPN, powered by Guardian, offers enhanced security and privacy by encrypting and protecting anything users do while connected to the Internet.
Learn more about Brave Firewall + VPN
- Block trackers across all apps
- Protects all connections
- We never share or sell you info
- VPN server does not know who you are
*Features marked with an asterisk are pending on one or more platforms.