Organized Per Platform
Brave Release Notes
All release notes will be reported here as new releases are made.
Release Notes V1.31.87 (Oct 19, 2021)
- Added support for custom filter lists in shields via brave://adblock. (#8107)
- Added WDP (Web Discovery Project) into Brave. (#18166)
- Added support for adaptive CAPTCHA. (#15600)
- Added Brave agent version suffix to go-ipfs. (#18505)
- Updated default search engine to Brave Search for new installations in certain regions. (#18331)
- Updated rewards panel design. (#14602)
- Updated Private Window New Tab page design. (#18486)
- Improved handling of default wallet settings under brave://settings/wallet. (#18213)
- Removed tipping banner warning for unverified publishers. (#18341)
- Removed “Brave” from User Agent when visiting DuckDuckGo. (#15156)
- Removed Uphold “x-client-partner” header. (#18015)
- Removed “IdleDetection” from brave://settings/content. (#18409)
- Removed known user tracking parameter “twclid” from Twitter query strings. (#18020)
- Disabled brave://flags/#copy-link-to-text by default. (#17994)
- Fixed CAPTCHA failing when using custom scaling in certain cases. (#17476)
- Fixed default settings under brave://settings/wallet not working in certain cases for both Crypto Wallet and MetaMask. (#17984)
- Fixed MetaMask failing to connect to web3 websites within Brave. (#17168)
- Fixed Greaselion extension appearing as corrupted in the terminal/command line interface. (#17145)
- Fixed IPFS protocol badge linked to node diagnostics instead of settings. (#16907)
- Fixed being able to both remove and add peers even though IPFS is not activated. (#17981)
- Fixed Speedreader icon incorrectly appearing in certain cases. (#17355)
- Fixed escape and encoded characters being displayed within articles when viewed using Speedreader. (#18006)
- Fixed article titles being cut short when viewed within Speedreader. (#17983)
- Fixed blue border appearing on top of window when focused. (#9420)
- Upgraded Chromium to 95.0.4638.54. (#18840) (Changelog for 95.0.4638.54)
Release Notes v1.30.86 (Sep 28th, 2021)
- Added setting to “Automatically send daily usage ping to Brave” under brave://settings/privacy. (#16583)
- Removed known user tracking parameters from URLs. (#17507, #17452, #17451)
- Upgraded Chromium to 94.0.4606.61. (#18333) (Changelog for 94.0.4606.61)
Release Notes v1.32 (Oct 19, 2021)
- Updated default search engine to “Brave Search” for selected regions on new install. (#4221)
- Fixed issue where tabs appear blank and URL is not shown when browser is restarted after visiting certain sites. (#4301)
Please Note: This will be the last version of Brave that supports iOS13.
Help improve Brave Beta
Brave Beta is a testing version but more stable platform of soon to be released features. We value your feedback and help in testing this early version of Brave.
Brave Build Channels
Brave has a fast iterative development cycle that goes through stages. New features are typically introduced in the Nightly channel. After we’ve worked out the kinks we move them into the Beta build for a final check before merging them into the Release version of Brave that most use on a daily basis.
Brave Nightly is our testing and development version of Brave. The releases are updated every night and may contain bugs that can result in data loss.
Brave Beta is an early preview for new versions of Brave. This build showcases the newest advances that we’re bringing to our browser.
This is our official release version of Brave with new releases landing approximately every three weeks.