Organized Per Platform
Brave Release Notes
All release notes will be reported here as new releases are made.
Release Notes V1.27.108 (July 23, 2021)
- Added new hourly options under “Maximum number of ads displayed” for Brave Ads notifications. (#16228)
- Added “Don’t ask me again” button to Wayback Machine infobar. (#8497)
- [Security] Migrated Tor log from disk to memory as reported on HackerOne by sickcodes. (#16747)
- Implemented additional WebGL extensions blocking logic. (#15882)
- Improved “Disconnected” Brave Rewards wallet state. (#15237)
- Updated default search engine for new installations in certain regions. (#16870)
- Updated Brave Rewards wallet verification modal under brave://rewards/#verify. (#16178)
- Updated Brave Ads UI to show estimated pending rewards for current month only. (#15005)
- Updated fingerprinting protections to always return light mode when set to strict. (#15265)
- Fixed issue where “Current earnings this month (estimated)” incorrectly decreased in certain cases. (#16861)
- Fixed various IPFS issues. (#17112)
- Fixed TLS pins not working. (#15667)
- Upgraded Chromium to 92.0.4515.107. (#17036
Release Notes v1.26.74 (June 30, 2021)
- Renamed “Brave Search beta” to “Brave” in several locations including settings and the onboarding screen. (#16564)
- Upgraded Chromium to 91.0.4472.124. (#16600)
Release Notes v1.28 (July 14, 2021)
- Added switch app alert message to be shown when clicking on telephone numbers. (#3361)
- Fixed menu to open in full when settings is opened. (#3779)
- Fixed bookmarks from being hidden behind the bottom toolbar. (#3788)
- Fixed Private browsing disclaimer text to reflect as Wi-Fi. (#3794)
- Fixed long search queries to be truncated to show search engine details. (#3815)
- Fixed menu position to be easily dismissed when VoiceOver is active. (#3838)
- Fixed quick search engine overlay to only scroll horizontally. (#3843)
- Fixed browser crash when long pressed on a visited site in search overlay. (#3853)
- Fixed browser crash when dragging favorites beyond the favorites list. (#3879)
Help improve Brave Beta
Brave Beta is a testing version but more stable platform of soon to be released features. We value your feedback and help in testing this early version of Brave.
Brave Build Channels
Brave has a fast iterative development cycle that goes through stages. New features are typically introduced in the Nightly channel. After we’ve worked out the kinks we move them into the Beta build for a final check before merging them into the Release version of Brave that most use on a daily basis.
Brave Nightly is our testing and development version of Brave. The releases are updated every night and may contain bugs that can result in data loss.
Brave Beta is an early preview for new versions of Brave. This build showcases the newest advances that we’re bringing to our browser.
This is our official release version of Brave with new releases landing approximately every three weeks.