Organized Per Platform
Brave Release Notes
All release notes will be reported here as new releases are made.
Release Notes v1.42.97 (Aug 17th, 2022)
- Improved fingerprint farbling for subresources. (#24282)
- Upgraded Chromium to 104.0.5112.102. (#24713) (Changelog for 104.0.5112.102)
Release Notes v1.41.100 (July 21st, 2022)
- Fixed crash which occurred when searching on certain sites due to debouncing. (#24164)
Release Notes v1.42 (Aug 17, 2022)
- Added Solana support for account creation, sending SOL and sending SPL tokens with Brave Wallet. (#5716)
- Added support for Dynamic Type on the URL bar & toolbar enhancement. (#5683)
- [Security] Fixed security tokens leak as reported on HackerOne by nishimunea. (#5859)
- [Security] Fixed persistent user tracking via “window.cache” as reported on HackerOne by nishimunea.(#5860)
- Implemented tapping near bottom of screen when URL bar and bottom toolbar are collapsed during page scroll. (#5695)
- Implemented hiding of recovery seed phrase in Brave Wallet when the app is backgrounded. (#5744)
- Updated placeholder text from “Send Token” screen on Brave Wallet to only mentioned of address. (#5786)
Help improve Brave Beta
Brave Beta is a test, but relatively stable, version of soon-to-be-released features. We value your feedback and help in testing this early version of Brave.
Brave build channels
Brave has a fast iterative development cycle, split into three stages. New features are typically first introduced in the Nightly channel. After we’ve polished a bit, we’ll move those features into the Beta build. Then, after final testing, we’ll merge to the Release version of Brave. This is the version that most users access on a daily basis.
Brave Nightly is our testing and development version of Brave. The releases are updated every night and may contain bugs that can result in data loss.
Brave Beta is an early preview for new versions of Brave. This build showcases the newest advances that we’re bringing to our browser.
This is our official release version of Brave, with new releases landing approximately every four weeks.