What's the fastest browser for Android?
From Big Tech options (e.g. Chrome, Safari, and Edge) to privacy-first solutions (e.g. Brave, DuckDuckGo, and Firefox), there are lots of Android browsers to choose from. But what’s the fastest browser for Android? And what else should you consider beyond speed? In this article, we’ll:
- Look at the items to consider when it comes to browser speed
- Share some simple tips to improve browser speed
- Make a recommendation for the best browser for Android (bonus: it’s also the fastest option)
Mobile browsing priorities
Here are some things to consider when selecting the fastest Android browser:
- Privacy: How (or if) your data is collected as you browse the web. Most browsers track your online activity using cookies, small pieces of data stored on your browser. This information generates an online profile that companies can use to target you with ads.
- Security: Security refers to how your online data is used after it’s collected. Info used for targeted ads can easily fall into the wrong hands if it’s not properly stored (which it rarely is).
- Support: It’s essential that the company that makes your browser is releasing regular security patches and updates.
- Extended battery life: In some cases, a fast browser might not be worth it. A lot depends on how the browser generates that additional speed—if it’s by blocking ads (and thus requiring less data download on every page) or by some other means that takes more processing power on your device (and thus drains your device battery).
Ways to keep your web browser fast
In addition to the core way the browser is built, there are some simple maintenance checks you can do to ensure faster browser performance.
Clean up your browser
The most obvious way to speed up your browser is with some simple housekeeping. Reduce the number of tabs or windows open in your browser, especially resource-heavy tabs running streaming services.
Run regular browser software updates
Good browsers should release regular software updates, which can improve speed by ensuring they’re constantly improving against the latest kinds of web pages. And, bonus, they’ll ensure you’re receiving the latest security patches.
Why Brave is the fastest browser for Android
Simply put, Brave is the fastest web browser for Android. It offers built-in speed and security, no extensions or plugins required. Brave Shields block third-party ads & trackers by default; with no ads or trackers, there’s simply less data to download on every page, and thus those pages load noticeably faster.
Brave’s concept is simple: to give you control of your data while optimizing the browsing experience. By blocking ads & trackers, Brave ensures no mobile data goes toward rendering this clutter on your screen. Brave loads mobile web pages up to 3x faster than the competition, all while saving mobile data and device battery life.
Ready to Brave the new internet?
Brave is built by a team of privacy focused, performance oriented pioneers of the web. Help us fix browsing together.Download Brave