Season 3 | Episode 5
Challenger Brands That Pick Fights and Exhibit Brand Courage
Chris Kneeland, CEO of Cult, discusses what marketers can learn from brands that have a cult-like following. He shares how his agency clients are challenging the status quo and exhibiting massive brand courage. Chris also points out the philosophy around competition, for example Southwest Airlines isn’t competing against other airlines; they’re competing against the road trip.
Brave pick of the week
This week's Brave Pick of the Week is Avalanche. Check out their website here.
In this episode of The Brave Marketer Podcast, we discuss:
- How big brands like Gatorade, Red Bull and Patagonia take risks and exhibit bravery in their marketing campaigns
- Why demographic segregation can actually hurt more than it can help when buying media
- The actual insights that cause customers to buy, and how to elevate the customer experience
- Ways employer branding and HR can impact your brand’s success in the marketplace
- Applications of crypto in third world countries
The amazing cast and crew:
Chris Kneeland - CEO, CultChris Kneeland is the CEO of Cult and one of the veteran marketers out there - he is the senior advisor to CMOs at Zappos, Harley Davidson, Best Buy, Godaddy, and dozens of other brands.
About the Show
Brave is at the forefront of a new online privacy frontier and has unique insight into the future of marketing and advertising in a cookieless world. If you're an agency, brand marketer or entrepreneur challenged by the changes in ethical advertising, consumer privacy and buyer expectations, this podcast will provide a backstage view of how influential marketers at top brands and agencies are responding to what's next.