Binance widget now available to all Brave desktop browser users, enabling seamless cryptocurrency trading and management
Today’s Brave desktop browser update (version 1.8) features the Binance widget, the first exchange-browser integration of its kind. Brave and Binance announced their integration on March 24, and until today a preview version of the widget was featured in Brave’s Nightly and Beta versions for testing. Brave’s browser currently has over 13.5 million monthly active users, and Binance is the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange by trading volume and users; this integration enables millions of users across the globe to seamlessly trade and manage cryptocurrency, all without leaving the browser.
The Binance widget is easily accessible from the New Tab page in the Brave desktop browser. The integration offers several functions for managing, buying, and trading cryptocurrency:
- Summary: Viewing Binance account asset balances
- Deposit: Listing supported assets in the account, searching for specific assets, and viewing fiat value (Selecting an asset from this list will also reveal the deposit address in text and QRCode form)
- Convert: Converting from one asset to another (A conversion quote is displayed for 30 seconds; the Binance widget reflects the new balance in the “summary” tab soon after the conversion has completed)
- Buy: Buying and selling crypto assets (Purchases are reflected in the Binance widget shortly after they have concluded)
In order to interact with their Binance account, a user must first connect the Binance widget to Binance, which is done by clicking the “Connect” button on the widget itself. Once this button has been clicked, a window appears, and the user is prompted to authenticate with Binance. Once successfully authenticated, the Binance widget is fully operable. Any assets held by Binance are enumerated at this time. Because the Binance widget is built into the Brave desktop browser and is not a loaded iframe (remotely embedded document), it is designed to preserve the user’s privacy. API calls will only be made into Binance if the user authenticates via OAuth and interacts with the widget.
Users can access the Binance.com or Binance.US (for US-based users, which currently offers the disconnected buy view but will soon feature an API) sites, and can trade cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, BNB, Ripple, Litecoin, and many others supported by Binance.
Users can easily disconnect their Binance widget by clicking “disconnect” from the dropdown menu in the widget. Disconnecting the Binance widget does not impact the user’s Binance account, and the Brave browser is not able to interact with a user’s account again until the user reconnects the widget. The Binance widget is enabled by default on the New Tab page, but users can hide it by clicking the menu at the top right corner of the widget, and choosing “hide Binance” from that menu.
The Binance widget will be available on Brave’s mobile platforms later this year.
About Brave Software
Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption with 25+ products, projects, and initiatives including:
- Binance Exchange (Binance.com): Binance Futures, Spot & Margin trading, Binance Lending, and Binance Staking
- Binance Academy: non-profit blockchain and crypto educational portal
- Binance Charity: non-profit organization and first blockchain-powered donation platform dedicated to advancing transparent philanthropy
- Binance DEX: community-driven decentralized exchange developed on top of the Binance Chain blockchain for issuing and exchanging digital assets in a decentralized manner
- Binance Fiat Gateways: buy-and-sell crypto platform, covering 170+ countries and regions through local payments partners and P2P platforms.
- Fiat-to-Crypto Platforms: joint ventures with global partners to buy, sell and trade crypto: Binance US, Binance Jersey, Binance Korea, Binance Singapore, Binance Uganda, Binance Lite Australia
- Binance Labs: venture arm and incubator, investing in and supporting early-stage blockchain startups and infrastructure projects
- Binance Launchpad: exclusive token launch platform for supporting transformative blockchain startups and entrepreneurs
- Binance Research: institutional-grade, data-driven insights and analysis for crypto investors
- Binance X: a developer-focused initiative to foster innovation of blockchain developers and cultivate industry growth and meaningful use cases
- Other initiatives include: Binance Cloud (end-to-end enterprise solution for launching exchanges), Binance Info (market news and insights), Trust Wallet (mobile wallet and dApp browser)
For more information, visit: https://www.binance.com
Continue reading for news on ad blocking, features, performance, privacy and Basic Attention Token related announcements.
Brave and Splinterlands both share a similar mission of rewarding users for their time and attention as well as increasing user privacy and freedom, and are looking forward to working together to spread those goals.
We launched the Referral Program in early 2018 with the intention of distributing $1 million in BAT to content creators who referred new users to Brave. Towards the end of 2018 we decided to extend the program another year. By the end of 2019 more than $2.2 million in BAT had been distributed to content creators.
Global Privacy Control, a new Privacy Standard Proposal, now Available in Brave’s Desktop and Android Testing Versions
As part of our privacy-in-Web-Standards work, we’re proud to have been involved in the design for the “Global Privacy Control” (GPC) proposal. The GPC proposal allows Web users to signal that they do not want to be tracked online, and where relevant, assert legal privacy rights, as described in legislation like the EU’s GDPR and California’s CCPA.
To continue our support for Tor, we wanted to make our website and browser download accessible to Tor users by creating Tor onion services for Brave websites. These services are a way to protect users’ metadata, such as their real location, and enhance the security of our already-encrypted traffic.
This post is a follow-up to our announcement, Brave Launches New Swag Store Powered by Origin, from April 2020. Earlier this year, Brave unveiled its fully revamped Brave Swag Store, the official source for Brave and Basic Attention Token-branded merchandise such as...
Brave Ads campaigns are now supported in 191 countries with over 2.4 billion ad confirmations to date (a 140% increase from our last report in July). To date, there have been 2,039 campaigns…