Brave Rewards now in Brave Android App
Brave Rewards is now available in the latest version of Brave for Android (1.0.91). To download it on your device, please visit the Google Play Store.
Brave Rewards is the new way to help fund content on the Web while blocking invasive ads and trackers:
- Users who wish to participate simply activate Brave Rewards by clicking on the BAT logo in the URL bar
- The Brave Rewards wallet uses Basic Attention Tokens (BAT), which can currently be freely received from occasional Brave user grants, and will later be granted via Brave Ads
- Users can reward their favorite content creators (publishers, YouTube channels, and soon Twitch streamers) with BAT; there are currently nearly 50,000 verified creators in the Brave Publisher program, ready to have BAT donations from Brave Rewards deposited into their Uphold accounts
- Users choose the monthly amount that works for them, and can even reward favorite creators with single tips
- Donations are automatically distributed based on how much time is spent on each site, and are always anonymous so that users can’t be identified based on the sites they visit
- As always, Brave browsing history is kept private
- Soon, Brave Rewards will feature Brave Ads, and users who opt into viewing those ads will receive BAT for their attention, which they can in turn distribute to creators or later exchange for real-world rewards
To celebrate this new release, Brave will be allocating 100,000 BAT grants (each grant is the BAT equivalent of approximately $5) to our Android users. Grants can be received by clicking on the “accept” button in Brave Rewards.
We’d like to thank all the users who provided feedback for our beta version over the past month, and look forward to welcoming new users to Brave Rewards. Please visit our Support Community with any questions or suggestions.